Great News Guys the along waited Untether jailbreak is out now for Testers and those who are full filing these requirements can test and give a feed back here.
We’re about to release the first beta using this new “backup method”, which redsn0w calls “Jailbreak Monte”. Here are some important points:
- This is a beta tester program. It’s not a general release! Things can go very wrong, so please don’t even consider testing if you have pictures or other media on your device that you haven’t backed up!
- For the same reason, please don’t participate if you rely on the ultrasn0w carrier unlock. Wait for the final version!
- Until we fix some sandbox issues with bluetooth, the bluetooth functionality is disabled.
- This very first beta1 is limited to iPhone4, iPad, and iPod touch 4G.
- Cydia must have your 4.2b3 SHSH blobs saved on file. (As we approach a general release, we’ll provide a way to let you use locally saved hashes too).
- You must already have the usbmuxd software installed and running on your Mac (this requirement will eventually go away too). The correct invocation of the relay is just as that page says: “./tcprelay.py -t 22:2222”.
- Please leave all feedback in the comments below (we really need your feedback to help develop it into a stable release!)
If you cannot get Usbmuxd for any reason so you get this alternate here.
Download Redsn0w 0.9.7b1:
For MAC (Select “Jailbreak Monte” to try out the untether.)
KNOWN BETA1 BUGS:
- Task switcher causes Springboard crash (temporary workaround is to use SBSettings process list)
- Bluetooth currently disabled due to sandbox problem
The second beta is now available (testers ONLY please!). This version should fix all the native app crashes (including Task switcher). That’s the only change in from beta1….Bluetooth is still disabled. If you had trouble using the usbmuxd in beta1, please wait until we incorporate that into redsn0w itself (i.e. don’t bother trying this beta2, just wait for the integration).
The download link is:
redsn0w 09.7b.2 (OS X). Please test this after a fresh restore (otherwise it’s impossible to keep track of the variables involved). Select “Jailbreak Monte” to try out the untether.