According to the promise of MuscleNerd regarding the new major update of Redsn0w, today iPhone Dev Team has announced the new version of Redsn0w 0.9.9b1 with new features, and little graphics and menu improvements. iPhone Dev team has again followed their old tradition of releasing jailbreak on Sunday-Monday, late last night they have released the tool. Redsn0w 0.9.9b1 is claimed to not to ask for the iOS iPSW files which means you not have download the complete iOS file for regarding firmware it will automatically gets from the Apple’s server and cache important files at once.
Redsn0w 0.9.9b1 is available to download for Mac OS and Windows both. At the time of beta release the new beta still not provides you untethered boot on specific iOS such as, iOS 4.3.5/4.3.4 and iOS 5 betas, but in near future like after the public release of iOS 5, iPhone Dev team will release their untethered jailbreak as they claimed couple of times on different occasions. Here is the complete changelog of the Redsn0w 0.9.9b1:
• uses DFU mode to try to automatically determine which device and FW you have
• fetches pieces of public IPSWs from Apple (once). Non-public IPSWs must be provided manually (once). It then caches those pieces for future use.
• “Just boot” is a tethered boot. Uses whatever “Preferences” you’ve set for boot logo and kernel boot-args
• “Pwned DFU” puts your device in a pwned DFU state for some of the iTunes stuff detailed below
• “Recovery fix” gets past 1015 types of errors (when baseband portion of restore fails). Should work on iOS5 beta too
• “Select IPSW” is for picking non-public IPSWs, or overriding auto-detection
•“SHSH blobs” has a bunch of options…
• “Fetch” – fetch current PARTIAL blobs on device. Should complete in under 10 or 15 seconds. Puts the set of PARTIAL of blobs on your computer as a plist. Checks if Cydia already has a full set for this device and build. If not, it submits this PARTIAL set and returns Cydia’s acknowledgement or rejection
• ”Verify” – cryptographically verifies existing blob files from either redsn0w, TinyUmbrella, or Cydia server. You can select a whole bunch of blobs to verify at once if you want (like the TinyUmbrella directory)
• “Submit” – both verifies and submits one or more blob files to Cydia. This lets you copy your entire TinyUmbrella cache of blobs up to the Cydia server
• ”Query” – queries the Cydia server for all available FULL or PARTIAL blobs for a given set of ECIDs
• “Stitch” – stitches either FULL or PARTIAL blobs to a STOCK or CUSTOM IPSW
1. FULL blobs stitched to a STOCK IPSW gives you a completely self-contained signed IPSW that iTunes will accept without any tricks (no need to go into pwned DFU mode, no need to start TinyUmbrella TSS server, no need to redirect to Cydia server for blobs).
2. PARTIAL blobs stitched to any IPSW requires you to go into pwned DFU mode before running iTunes. No need to start TU or use Cydia though.
3. stitching either FULL or PARTIAL blobs to a CUSTOM IPSW also requires a pwned DFU start before iTunes restores. No need to start TU or use Cydia though.
4. stitching is NOT yet supported on iPhones (well, at least not tested). Need to work out the baseband part of the restore process.
5. will eventually support fetching the blobs directly from Cydia instead of a file on your computer.
Ahh.. Confused with this lengthy thing? No Problem we will cover a complete How To tutorial on jailbreaking with this new Redsn0w 0.9.9b1 and will also clear out the new features in much more details. Keep in touch with us.
Here are the download links: