Are you one of those who got their Verizon CDMA iPhone 4 in the situation of stuck on the Apple logo, right after jailbreaking it with latest released “JailbreakMe 3.0” jailbreak tool by Comex? – Well if yes, and now confused what to do, no problem, because the developer of the jailbreak tool knows your problem very well and has today released a quick fix for your problem and detailed the instructions in the note. To fix the issue all you need to do is follow his described simple steps:
A bug in JailbreakMe 3.0 could cause iPhone 4 (CDMA, i.e. Verizon) to get stuck at the Apple logo and be unable to boot. If you are in this situation, there are two options:
1. Hold down the home and power buttons until you see “Connect to iTunes”, then use iTunes to restore to the latest firmware. This will lose data stored on the phone.
2. Apply a quasi-experimental fix using redsn0w.
– redsn0w 0.9.6rc19: Windows / Mac (do not use an earlier version)
– Fix bundle, depending on firmware version: 4.2.6 / 4.2.7 / 4.2.8
– IPSW for your firmware version, if you don’t have it: 4.2.6 / 4.2.7 / 4.2.8
Open redsn0w, select your IPSW, choose “Install custom bundle”, and select the fix bundle. Then follow the directions. If it works correctly, after installation your phone will boot normally.
There is a separate bug where choosing “Re-jailbreak” would cause a device to be unable to boot. If you have this issue and don’t want to restore, contact me.
In addition to this quick patch update, Comex has also announced that its JailbreakMe tool is updated and now completely save to use with all other iOS devices along with Verizon CDMA iPhones.