Folks yesterday @MuscleNerd adding the jailbreaking exploit for iSO 5.0.1 in redsn0w and was available to jailbreak with redsn0w yesterday. Today the Sn0wbreeze’s developer ih8sn0w added iOS 5.0.1 compatibly to jailbreak it iOS 5.0.1. Sn0wbreeze makes a complete new custom firmware and its always used for preserving the baseband.
Below is the complete tutorial of jailbreaking iOS 5.0.1 with sn0wbreeze
- Run Sn0wbreeze
- Select the Downloaded iOS 5.0.1 firmware
- Select “Simple Mode” if your iPhone is unlocked and if not head over to “Expert Mode” in which you can Activate your iPhone and enable/disable multi tasking gestures and battery percentage
- In “Simple Mode” your custom IPSW will start to build and in “Expert Mode” click “Build IPSW”
- After the creation of IPSW, enter your iDevice in to Device Firmware Upgrade (DFU) mode and let limera1n exploit to get over your device
- Run iTunes and restore your iDevice with the custom firmware
The complete change log of sn0wbreeze v2.8b9 is below
- Supports iOS 5.0 (9A334)/5.0.1-b1 (9A402)
- Fixed iBooks sandbox crashing issues.
- Fixed location services issues with iPhone 3GS
- Re-added iPad baseband install option to iPhone 3GS.
- Removes UDID requirement/Beta timer in 5.0.1.
- Tethered devices are booted via iBooty which is extracted to the Desktop after running Sn0wBreeze