Folks yesterday Apple released iOS 5.0.1 to developers and they fixed the battery issue, flawless iPad’s smart cover bug plus updated Siri. Jailbreak roots your device to become the real punk and the tethered is always usual to do and easy but the old bootroom folks always get the untethered jailbreak, for iOS 5 too (already running one) and the other device which have the new one they get tethered until and unless a specified untethered jailbreak is not released. Creator of Redsn0w, @MuscleNerd tweeted that the developer’s iOS 5.0.1 can be jailbroken
To jailbreak your iDevice on iOS 5.0.1 follow the below steps
- Run redsn0w 0.9.9b7, step to Extras > Select IPSW, in which you will select iOS 5, yes the iOS 5.
- Then move back to main menu
- Enter your iDevice in DFU Mode
- Click Jailbreak and the limera1n will exploit.
- After jailbreaking your Cydia will not boot as its tethered.
- Tethter Boot/Just Boot it from redsn0w
- The Cydia will run normally
Download iOS 5.0.1