Apple has recently kicked out the couple of Apple TV firmware updates in an act to keep its users updated with new features of iOS 5, but at first they kicked out the buggy version which caused many errors on the user’s devices, but later they quickly pushed another update to the firmware finally with at least a fix for the problem. Apple TV seems to be working not perfectly on the new firmware 4.4.2, because many users had bricked their devices while updating to newer version.
While Apple was busy in fixing all of these issues on Apple TV, the team behind the most popular jailbreak tool “Seas0nPass” for Apple TV has just launched the new version of the tool to support the Apple TV jailbreaking on 4.4.2. The new Seas0nPass jailbreak currently only supports the tethered jailbreak at that time, which means you have to connect your TV set-up box to the computer on every boot of the device.
The Seas0nPass developers at Firecore note that they will continue to support the last untethered Seas0nPass jailbreak for the Apple TV 2G on iOS 4.3. However, the new Apple TV 4.4.2 firmware supports these below mentioned features from Apple:
- AirPlay Mirroring: Now with video mirroring – wirelessly stream what’s on your iPad 2 screen to your HDTV.
- Photo Stream: View photos recently taken on your iOS device and pushed to your Photo Stream in iCloud.
- Trailers: A whole new way to browse and view hundreds of the latest theatrical trailers.
- National Hockey League: Watch live games. View highlights, scores, and more.
- Wall Street Journal Live: Watch up-to-date news, business commentary, and financial analysis from leading experts.
However, on the other hand, you could get a lot of plugins on your Apple TV to make more out of from it. You can check out the list of current working plugins with the latest Apple TV 4.4.2 firmware jailbreak.
- Media Player (works)
- Couch Surfer (works)
- Last.fm (works)
- Weather (works)
- RSS Feeds (works)
- NitoTV (works)
- Overflow (works)
- Remote HD (works)
So if you are still interested in jailbreak your device, all you have to do is download the latest iOS 4.4.2 firmware for Apple TV from the official website and to download the Seas0nPass for your machine from its official FireCore website. You can also get the tutorial on how to jailbreak, the Apple TV on 4.4.2, right on the FireCore’s own website.