Wed. Jul 6th, 2022

iPhone 5 Shipments Might Be Delay Due To Touch Panel Issues

While everyone is pointing on the Apple’s upcoming media event at the start of next month for the launch of new iPhones model, despite of these rumors we are still hearing from the couple of sources that iPhone 5 launch will be delayed to 2012 and Apple will launch iPhone 4S this fall.

today reports that the iPhone 5 delay may be cause because of the iOS devices touch panel makers Wintek, the manufacture facing some issues in the finishing of the touch screens, which may prevent the launch of device this year. Wintek has only deliver initial orders of the touch panels for iPhone 5.


Wintek has discovered a defect in its touch panel and  start working on it resolve the issue as soon as possible, but the sources have claimed they have not served much panels to start the few initial shipments of the device, and this will cause a big delay in the launch of device. We have already seen this type of delays in the launch of White iPhone 4, where Cupertino company took 8 months to only resolve the light leakage issue. Well according to our sense Apple will start shipping the iPhone 5 this year may be at the end days, because Wintek only produces 25% order of touch panels for iPhone while Chimei Innolux and TPH holding the other 75% order of touch panels.