The SIM of the iPhone gets locked at times and this is one of the common problems from which the iPhone users suffer. Various tools and techniques were used to unlock the iPhone, but almost of them proved to be a little complicated. With the updated SAM tool, unlocking the iPhone has become almost a child’s play now. Lots of research and investigations were going with the SAM tools and finally they have been brought to the public.
In the initial levels, the process of unlocking the iPhone and the instructions for the same were quite complicated and many users found it to be problematic. The team working on the SAM tools worked on that and made the tool easier and user-friendly as well. In the present situation, it is just a matter of few steps and the unlocking is complete. There is no need of iTunes or the SIM or the id of the SIM for unlocking.
Here is the complete procedure for unlocking your iPhone with SAM tools:
- SAM is installed via Cydia. The Repo address is: http://repo.bingner.com
- The unofficial SIM card is inserted.
- SAMprefs is opened – then go to Utilities and then tap Attempt Activation.
- If the process is successful then the device will surely respring. With that, the unofficial SIM card will also be identified and recognized.
However, it might happen that the process might not be successful. In that case follow some of the steps mentioned below:
Troubleshooting the device:
If a message is displayed that reads that you need to select the original and genuine carrier SIM Id of the iPhone or any other kinds of error messages show up, following the below steps might help:
- The SIM card should be removed at the first place.
- Open iFile and then go to /var/root/Library. Tap the edit button on the upper-right hand corner of the iPhone. Select Lockdown from there. Then tap the zip button so that a backup of the Lockdown is created. Do not forget to scroll down and check whether the backup zip was at all created or not. On confirming, the Lockdown folder can be deleted.
- Go to /User/Library/Preferences and look for SAM. Now delete the file called com.bingner.sam.plist.
- Completely power down the iPhone. After some time turn it on again.
- The unofficial SIM card is inserted again.
- Again open SAMprefs and go to Utilities. Tap Attempt Activation like before. A message will be displayed that the entire process will take some time to complete. After the completion, the iPhone will respring.
- You will now be placed on the unofficial phone network of the SIM that is placed in your phone.
If you want the process to be successful, make sure that all the steps are followed in the same way as mentioned above. Do not skip any of the steps as that will not show the desired results. Unlock the iPhone successfully with the SAM tools through the easy process.