The brand new tablet from Google, the Google Nexus 7 has finally hit the markets and this 7 inch tablet has changed the entire face of the tablet market. By launching a high-tech tablet at very reasonable price, Google seems to have purposely made the competition in the markets even tougher.
One thing you need to know before you begin the rooting process is that you will end up losing the manufacturer warranty and in case you want it back you will need to apply the original firmware back.
Here are a simple sequence of steps to root your new Google Nexus 7 powered with the all new Android Jelly Bean 4.1.
- First you need to download the Android SDK onto your PC and install it, once that is done you need to download Superuser and clock work mod package on your PC.
- Place these two in the unzipped format in your C:/ Android folder . After pasting these in the required folder, open the command prompt and type ‘cmd’ and press ‘enter’.
- Now connect the Nexus 7 to your PC and type in the following command on the command prompt.
adb push path-to-zip/JB-SuperSU.zip /sdcard
4. Once the command prompt finishes the processing of the device, type in the following commands one by one
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot oem unlock
Select Unlock to unlock your Google Nexus 7
5. This process will unlock your tablet, then you need to enter your device into the recovery mode to flash the clock work recovery mod in to the Nexus 7. Now enter the command into the command prompt
Fastboot flash recovery path-to-img/CWM-grouper-recovery.img
6. Now you need to make the recovery mode permanent , now boot the device in the recovery mod and go to Mount and Storage> Mount/System and then type the following command in the command prompt.
Mv recovery-from-boot.p recovery-from-boot.bak
If you face any kind of issue then you can try “adb kill-server” then “adb start-server” , which should fix your problem now you can go back by pressing the back key and install the Superuser package on Nexus 7 .
Alternatively, the downloading of the superuser package can be done from the Google Playstore.
For checking whether the rooting process has been successful or not, you can download the rooter check app from the Google Playstore, which will notify you if your device has been rooted or not. If in case the rooting has not been successful then you can repeat the whole process from step 1 after deleting all the things that you have downloaded on your PC.
That is it then , in these simple and easy steps you have successfully completed the rooting of your all new Google Nexus 7 tablet.“ This Rooting Tutorial is made by xda-forums.com and we have not tested it personally & Hold no responsibility of any damage in your device.