On the iPad 3 launch media event, Apple has already announced the upcoming iOS 5.1 update for the iOS devices, which is said to be carrying a lot of potential security fixes, and fixes to the most known bugs in the iOS. Obviously the new iOS 5.1 will carry some evil minded patches to its core that again prevent third party iOS hackers to gain access on the device’s root with simple workaround the device.
Apple had been reportedly working on the iOS 5.1 from last 5 months, and in the time period they have seeded three different beta version of the iOS 5.1 to the registered public iOS developers, but along with the iOS 5.1 beta updates to the developers out in public, the Cupertino Company had also tested many secret iOS 5.1 builds internally on the next generation devices, and to patch couple of iOS App Store flaws that allow developers to simply gain access on the everything that is available on the iOS Sandbox.
In the last few months, Apple has found itself in the court due to some security flaws in the iOS 5.0.1 that allow developers to automatically gain access on the device gallery, and all other things including the contacts, and iOS mail.app on your device. Apple has announced earlier this month that they will soon launch an iOS update to fix all those security bugs on the iOS, and now finally on the iPad 3 launch event they have released the iOS 5.1 publicly. The download links to the iOS 5.1 has not yet available for all to download the latest firmware files for your device, but soon they will kick out the iOS 5.1 update for the public.
This update contains improvements and bug fixes, including:
- Japanese language support for Siri (availability may be limited during initial rollout)
- Photos can now be deleted from Photo Stream
- Camera shortcut now always visible on Lock Screen for iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch (4th generation)
- Camera face detection now highlights all detected faces
- Redesigned Camera app for iPad
- Genius Mixes and Genius playlists for iTunes Match subscribers
- Audio for TV shows and movies on iPad optimized to sound louder and clearer
- Podcast controls for playback speed and a 30 second rewind for iPad
- Updated AT&T network indicator
- Addresses bugs affecting battery life
- Fixes an issue that occasionally caused audio to drop for outgoing calls