There is no doubt behind the popularity of the BiteSMS, as it always considered as the best alternative application to Apple’s very own iOS messages stock application on iPhone devices. Undoubtedly, many user’s jailbreak their devices just to only get their hands on the shinny BiteSMS application of their devices, and we believe there would be around millions of users who are using the BiteSMS on their iPhone devices. However, the developer behind the popular application has just released an update to application. BiteSMS is updated to version 6.2, including numbers of different features for the iPhone users on the latest iOS firmware version.
BiteSMS simply enriches your texting experience on the iPhone devices, as its useful notification allows users to quickly engage in chat with the other person texting to them. The BiteSMS is available in both premium and free flavors; however, with this new update to BiteSMS the developer announced that he is going to drop the price of premium BiteSMS in the month of April by 40%, so it s the correct time to update your ad-filled application with ad-free version.
The new update brings many wanted features to the application, just like the ability to copy text on clipboard. Have you ever wanted to copy the whole conversation from messages application to email, or to archive it on your device locally in notes application? If yes, the new BiteSMS is going to provide you the same feature on your iPhone. There is a new feature is also introduced that allows you to simply fight with the spamming messages from many users, and allow you to put mute on unwanted text senders.
Download BiteSMS 6.2 For iPhone
Here is the complete changelog of what’s new in BiteSMS 6.2:
- FINALLY! Added Camera and Photo icon (via biteSMS pop-up menu) so you can easily send photo’s in Quick Compose and Quick Reply.
- Added an ‘Opt Out’ of a conversation feature. Ideal for spam or group messages or even keeping a ‘quiet’ conversation. Long holding on a conversation toggles notification alerts on or off.
- Added a ‘Copy to Clipboard’ feature. Ever wanted to copy an entire conversation and then for example email a copy of it. It’s easy now using biteSMS, go into any conversation (tap the status bar to go to top of convo) then tap [Copy to Clipboard].
- Tapping the biteSMS status bar icon now launches Quick Reply if there’s just one pending message (otherwise slides open the Notification Center).
- Added Orientation Lock for Quick Compose and Quick Reply. See biteSMS > Settings > More Stuff.
- Added ability to specify a group message contact pic. See biteSMS > Settings > More Stuff > Contact Pics.
- Much better integration with Siri for iPhone 4S devices.
- Now compliant with iOS 5.1.
- Added some simple theme support. There is a file you can create and edit to specify the color of the QR and QC text fields. Only create the file and add details for fields you want to change.
To download, simply search for ‘BiteSMS’ in Cydia and tap to install the free version. If you like it, just buy it!