Apple has just releases an update of iOS 5 to developers in the shape of earlier beta iOS 5.0.1. the new iOS 5 beta is currently available to download for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, but only and legally available for developers who registered their self with Apple’s Program.
You can directly download the iOS 5.0.1 update for your device, by logging into Apple’s Developer Portal. As mention by Apple, the new beta contains the fixes for the all known bugs and adds a new security layer in iOS 5, seems that they patched the iPad 2 smartcover flaw, they have also highlighted the iPhone 4S battery issue fix in the latest iOS 5.0.1.
iOS 5.0.1 beta contains improvements and other bug fixes including:
– Fixes bugs affecting battery life
– Adds Multitasking Gestures for original iPad
– Resolves bugs with Documents in the Cloud
– Improves voice recognition for Australian users using dictation
– Contains security improvements
iOS 5.0.1 beta introduces a new way for developers to specify files that should remain on device, even in low storage situations.