Apple has just released the most awaited build of the new Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3 in the public, after serving couple of beta developer versions to the registered Mac OS developers registered with Apple’s Developer Program. The new software update is available in the Mac OS X Software Update Program and weighs less than 1 GB. You can simply run the query on your Mac to check for updates and can download the new update on your Mac machine.
The 10.7.3 update is recommended for all OS X Lion users and includes general operating system fixes that improve the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac including fixes that:
– Add Catalan, Croatian, Greek, Hebrew, Romanian, Slovak, Thai, and Ukrainian language support
– Address issues when using smart cards to log into OS X
– Resolve issues authenticating with directory services
– Address compatibility issues with Windows file sharing
Updating your system
You should back up your system before installation; you can use Time Machine.
Do not interrupt the installation process once you have started to update your system. You may experience unexpected results if you have third-party system software modi?cations installed, or if you’ve modi?ed the operating system through other means.
Choose Software Update from the Apple (?) menu to check for the latest Apple software via the Internet, including this update.
Other software updates available for your computer may appear, which you should install. Note that an update’s size may vary from computer-to-computer when installed using Software Update. Also, some updates must be installed prior to others, so you should run Software Update until Software Updates states “Your software is up to date”.
You can manually download the update installer. This is a useful option when you need to update multiple computers but only want to download the update once. These versions of the standalone installers are available from Apple Support Downloads.
The OS X Lion v10.7.3 Update includes Safari 5.1.3 and fixes that:
- Add Catalan, Croatian, Greek, Hebrew, Romanian, Slovak, Thai, and Ukrainian language support
- Address issues when using smart cards to log into OS X
- Address compatibility issues with Microsoft Windows file sharing
- Address an issue printing Microsoft Word documents that use markup
- Address a graphics performance issue after sleep on some earlier iMacs that use ATI graphics
- Resolve a Wi-Fi connection issue when waking from sleep
- Address an issue that may prevent Safari from opening before joining a wireless network
- Fix a potential issue authenticating to an SMB DFS share
- Include RAW image compatibility for additional digital cameras
- Improve binding to read-only Active Directory Domain Controllers
- Improve binding and login speed for Active Directory users in a domain whose name ends in “.local”
- Improve reliability of Dynamic DNS (DDNS) updates by Active Directory clients
- Allow login with an Active Directory username that contains a space
- Improve compatibility with Active Directory schemas that have been extended with the “apple-user-homeDirectory” and “apple-user-homeurl” attributes
- Fix home directory Dock item for Active Directory users with mobile accounts
- Allow NIS users with MD5-hashed passwords to log in
For information about the security content of this update, please visit: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222.